While there are caffeine-free sodas, it’s also best to limit them, since many are high in calories, which can lead to unnecessary weight gain. Even caffeine-free diet soda isn’t a great choice during pregnancy (see below).
Can you have caffeine free Coke when pregnant?
So, at the end of the day, it’s up to you if you want to drink caffeinated soda during your pregnancy. Some people prefer to play it extra cautious and skip coffee and soda. But if you want to indulge once in a while in small amounts, it’s likely not going to harm your pregnancy.
Is an occasional soda bad during pregnancy?
Drinking it during pregnancy was linked to poorer fine motor, visual, spatial and visual motor abilities in early childhood (around age 3). By mid-childhood (age 7), kids whose moms drank diet sodas while pregnant had poorer verbal abilities, the study findings reported.
Why is decaf bad for pregnancy?
There are no official guidelines on decaffeinated coffee and pregnancy. Nonetheless, due to the very low amounts of caffeine in decaf coffee, it’s most likely safe to drink in moderation during pregnancy. However, some people assert that decaf coffee is linked to an increased risk of miscarriage.
Is caffeine free soda bad for you?
The artificial sweeteners and other chemicals currently used in diet soda are safe for most people, and there’s no credible evidence that these ingredients cause cancer. Some types of diet soda are even fortified with vitamins and minerals. But diet soda isn’t a health drink or a silver bullet for weight loss.
What can I drink besides water while pregnant?
What Should You Drink During Pregnancy?
- Water. Water is the single most important drink you should have throughout your pregnancy. …
- Orange Juice. Orange juice is good to drink while you’re pregnant, but you should only have it when it is pasteurized and fortified with calcium. …
- Tea. …
Is it OK to drink Diet Coke when pregnant?
Salena Zanotti, M.D., of Cleveland Clinic did not take part in the study, but said previous studies have shown that drinking diet soda in moderation during pregnancy is generally safe, but this most recent study is the first to look at the potential impact long-term.
Can drinking soda cause miscarriage?
Women who consumed 200 mg or more of caffeine per day (two or more cups of regular coffee or five 12-ounce cans of caffeinated soda) had twice the miscarriage risk as women who consumed no caffeine, said Li. Women who consumed less than 200 mg of caffeine daily had more than 40 percent increased risk of miscarriage.
What sodas are caffeine free?
Enjoy these popular caffeine-free drinks:
- Caffeine-Free Coca-Cola, Caffeine-Free Diet Coke and Caffeine-Free Coca-Cola Zero Sugar.
- Seagram’s Ginger Ale, Diet Ginger Ale, Tonic and Seltzer.
- Sprite and Sprite Zero.
- Fanta, Fanta Grape and Fanta Zero Orange.
- Juices like Simply and Minute Maid.
Can I drink soda water while pregnant?
Both seltzer and carbonated water are safe during pregnancy. The bubbles will add a zing that may just help with nausea. Mineral water. Mineral waters are generally safe but shouldn’t be consumed daily.
Is decaf tea OK in pregnancy?
You don’t need to cut caffeine out completely, but you should limit how much you have to no more than 200mg a day. Try decaffeinated tea and coffee, fruit juice or water. Limit the amount of energy drinks you have, as they can be high in caffeine.
Is coffee OK during pregnancy?
Yes… in moderation. The World Health Organisation and the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists both advise pregnant women to limit caffeine consumption to 200-300mg a day. A woman’s ability to metabolise caffeine slows during pregnancy.
Can you have coffee in your first trimester?
High amounts of caffeine during pregnancy has been linked to problems with a baby’s growth and development. To help you cut back on caffeine: First, limit coffee to one or two cups a day. Start mixing decaffeinated coffee with regular coffee.
What is the healthiest soda to drink?
10 Healthy Carbonated Drinks You Can Indulge in Guilt-Free
- 3 / 11. via amazon.com. Perrier. In addition to its classic mineral water, this iconic French brand also offers a line of fruit-flavored water. …
- 4 / 11. via amazon.com. Polar. …
- 5 / 11. via amazon.com. Vita Coco Sparkling.
What should I drink instead of soda?
Here are some alternatives you can include in your daily diet instead of sodas:
- Sparkling Water. The closest alternative for sodas is sparkling water. …
- Flavored Sparkling Water. …
- Sparkling Water Infusions. …
- Freshly Squeezed Lemonade. …
- Kombucha. …
- Coconut Water.
What can I drink that has no sugar?
List of drinks without sugar
- Iced or hot tea. Tea is an extremely broad category of beverage. …
- Water with lemon or lime. …
- Sparkling water: flavored or unflavored. …
- Coffee. …
- 5 . …
- Fresh-squeezed mint lemonade. …
- Coconut water. …