The American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry (AAPD) recommends that pregnant women use a fluoridated, alcohol-free mouth rinse daily to strengthen tooth enamel and prevent cavities. The AAPD suggests using a 0.05 percent sodium fluoride rinse once a day or a 0.02 percent sodium fluoride rinse twice a day.
What mouthwash can I use while pregnant?
Ask your dentist if they think you should start using it before, during and after pregnancy to maintain overall oral health. Use an anti-gingivitis mouthwash. Crest® PRO-HEALTH® Multi-Protection Mouthwash, kills 99% of the bacteria that cause gingivitis.
What can I use to clean while pregnant?
The Best Home Cleaning Products to Use During Pregnancy
- Best Dishwasher Detergent : Seventh Generation Fragrance Free Dishwasher Detergent Packs.
- Best Toilet Bowl Cleaner : GO by Greenshield Organic Toilet Bowl Cleaner.
- Best Wood Cleaner : Truce Wood Cleaner.
- Best Cleaning Wipes : Babyganics All Purpose Surface Wipes.
What can I use for sore gums when pregnant?
Treatment for bleeding gums in pregnancy
- Good oral hygiene. Use a soft-bristled toothbrush and brush gently (twice a day) so that you don’t irritate your sensitive gums.
- Floss. …
- Mouthwash. …
- Limit the sugar. …
- Take your prenatal vitamin. …
- Visit your dentist.
What cleaning products should I avoid while pregnant?
Cleaning and Pregnancy: Recommendations
- Glycol ethers. These are toxic substances found in household cleaning products like oven cleaners and have been associated with miscarriage, decreased male fertility, and birth defects. …
- Phthalates. …
- Avoid spray and aerosol cleaners when possible. …
- Avoid air fresheners.
What happens if you accidentally swallow mouthwash while pregnant?
If you happen to accidentally gulp down that mouthful of mouthwash, you may experience a little regret afterward in the form of a mildly upset stomach. Many mouthwashes contain fluoride, which has been known to cause some gastric distress. You might feel queasy or nauseated, but it should go away relatively quickly.
What is a good natural mouthwash?
5 Homemade Mouthwash Recipes to Improve Oral and Dental Health
- Sage and salt mouthwash. …
- Salt and baking soda. …
- Herbal mouth wash ingredients 4 oz of peppermint and sage leaves plus Echinacea Angustifolia root.
How can I clean my private part during pregnancy?
* Wash your intimate area twice a day with lukewarm water, but not more than twice. * To dry your vaginal area, use a soft, clean towel. Ensure the towels are 100% cotton and dry. * Avoid using harsh soaps to clean your vagina.
Is it OK to do housework while pregnant?
Pregnancy is not an excuse (unfortunately, for some) for getting out of household chores. Most are perfectly safe. For just a few tasks, though, it may be better to lean on your partner — or hire some temporary help.
Can I still clean while pregnant?
It’s safe to have your clothes dry cleaned when you’re pregnant. If you come into contact with a lot of the chemicals – if, for example, you work at a dry cleaners — you may be at a slightly increased risk of miscarriage. Talk to your employer about working safely while you are pregnant.
Can gums hurt during pregnancy?
Some women get swollen and sore gums, which may bleed, during pregnancy. Bleeding gums are caused by a build-up of plaque on the teeth. Hormonal changes during pregnancy can make your gums more vulnerable to plaque, leading to inflammation and bleeding. This is also called pregnancy gingivitis or gum disease.
Is chewing gum bad for pregnancy?
Xylitol, a sugar alcohol, is commonly found in chewing gum, toothpaste and candies, and is considered safe during pregnancy in moderate amounts. So, a few pieces of xylitol-sweetened gum a day is fine — but you might not want to chew through five.
Can I have a tooth pulled while pregnant?
Local Anesthetics During Pregnancy
If you’re pregnant and need a filling, root canal or tooth pulled, one thing you don’t have to worry about is the safety of the numbing medications your dentist may use during the procedure. They are, in fact, safe for both you and your baby.
Is it OK to clean with Pine Sol while pregnant?
Some of the ingredients in cleaners like Pine-Sol could affect hormones during pregnancy. Likewise, some of those ingredients could find their way into your breastmilk. But unless you’re regularly sniffing from the bottle, typical household usage shouldn’t be an issue.
What chores should you avoid while pregnant?
5 household chores to avoid when you are expecting
- 01/6Here are some chores pregnant women should avoid. …
- 02/6Moving furniture or carrying heavy objects. …
- 03/6Standing for too long. …
- 04/6Avoid bending. …
- 05/6Climbing or balancing task. …
- 06/6Using chemical cleaning products or pesticides.
Can inhaling bleach cause miscarriage?
Bleach, oven cleaners, and other cleaning agents can harm an unborn baby. You should limit your use of these chemicals and take protective measures when you use them.