Organizations that help low-income women
Small bucks can fulfill big dreams!
“Time and money spent in helping men to do more for themselves is far better than mere giving”. These words by Henry Ford echo a global viewpoint regarding the economically weak segments of our society. All of us tend to feel sorry for economically disadvantaged people and tend to think that lack of money is the explanation to their predicament. On the surface level this might ring true, but the cracks show that beneath the surface lies a deeper cause. Money is essential but any amount of financial charity can end up going to waste since it’s often a vicious circle. The rationale is not to look into immediate concerns but to help low-income families gradually rise with dignity.
In the case of women, the cause is apparently the dependency that they have on people around them. This lack of self-sufficiency may arise from lack of opportunity, burden of raising families, personal health or sometimes just a want of confidence. There is nothing more empowering than a mind, which is equipped to deal with the worst to the best of its abilities.
Why you shouldn’t lose hope
Money drives the world but hope sustains mortals. This is the reason why in today’s world, nothing is deemed impossible and barriers and boundaries are being overcome constantly. Women with low-income families have their fair share of their dreams being lost to reality. There are numerous organizations – whether private or linked with the government, which provide a real helping hand to women from such families. Such associations assess the basic needs and requirements of low-income women and direct their services to provide them with all the pre-requisites necessary to make something of themselves. Basic amenities like clothing, nutritious food, healthcare needs for women, educational courses and a plethora of other provisions, which impart a sense of dignity to these women, are offered by such organizations.
Who all are involved in making this Endeavour a success?
There are many government-aided organizations; non-profit organizations as well as private volunteers who are instrumental in helping women from economically weak backgrounds make their mark in life. These organizations assume the role of mentors and guide the women under their shelter towards building up a better and more secure future for themselves. They have no selfish motives and are driven purely by the aim of giving financially feeble women the education they need in order to survive with their head held high.
What are the names of these organizations?
Here are some noteworthy organizations, which assist low-income women and their families in becoming financially independent:
• Suited for Change – since 1992, this innovative and independent organization has taken up the task of catering to low-income women in a practical aspect. It provides women with professional clothing such as corporate suits to make them feel ready to take up their role as an independent breadwinner. The organization wishes to see more women seek employment and it wishes to banish any deterrents in their path. It has literally changed the “look” as well as outlook of women ranging from teenagers and young victims of violence to senior citizens. Statistics say it all and if you are still uncertain, then visit- http://www.suitedforchange.org/# to know more.
• Budget Buddies – this non-profit organization is a perfect platform for self-help among low-income women. A financial plan gone awry is one of the major reasons for financial troubles. Women often shy away from the fiscal angle but for low-income women knowing their monetary transactions inside out is a must. Budget Buddies does exactly this by organizing workshops, seminars and programs based on all aspects of finance. It is a comprehensive aid for women since they get to learn about banking, credit management, budget planning and much more without being charged a penny. Moreover, personalized help and support groups are offered to look after individual concerns. To find out details, log on to- http://www.budget-buddies.org/
• Crittenton Women’s Union – another non-profit organization run on a massive scale, Crittenton Women’s Union focuses on more than one aspect of helping low-income women and their families as well. It has multiple programs that are specific and directed at fulfilling hardcore needs of low-income women. The organization offers endless possibilities for women by helping them gain the required awareness, skill set and tact to not only reach economic independence but to establish a career as well. It also provides shelter and food to homeless families and guidance to young mothers. To know about the, go to: http://www.liveworkthrive.org/
• Women’s Economic Security Campaign (WESC) – this unique organization makes use of women’s funds across America to garner economic awareness amongst political policy makers regarding the impact their policies have on women. This politically charged campaign seeks to change the very policies, which make women the more vulnerable sex of the two. The fact that more women are financially weaker than men is what this organization wants to change. By using women power, this campaign promises to bring about radical changes in the economic security for low-income women. To gather more information, visit – http://www.womensfundingnetwork.org/wesc/about-us
For those women who are not entitled to receive financial help from the government since they do not fulfill the criteria, there is no reason for dejection. There are various educational institutions, which are privately owned where low-income women can obtain their higher education without hassle. These organizations provide grants and scholarships for these women. Some such organizations are:
• Talbots Women’s Scholarship Fund
• Horizon’s scholarship
• Mayer Foundation Funds
There is no dearth of organizations and institutions, which run on a non-profit basis and work towards giving low-income women a chance to lead the life they deserve and desire for themselves as well as their families. The only requirement is that women come out of their comfort zones and embrace a better life, which will secure their future with a seal of happiness and contentment. Women need to be willing to bring about the change that they want to see in their lives by extending their hands and then they will see themselves being embraced by those willing to help them.