Housing help for homeless mothers and other assistance
First off, if you just lost your home or are about to lose it, be informed that there definitely is help from many places for homeless people and for those who are about to become homeless. Since the amount of assistance information in the Internet can be overwhelming and might take a lot of time to get the right resources sooner, we have decided to put up a neat list over here explaining where you can get immediate help. Please read on for information about resources nearby:
1. 211=Dial 211 and you can get the assistance information in a matter of seconds or minutes. This is a free service and aims to provide quick information about community services to the needy people. As their web site states, in 2009 alone,they have answered more than 16.2 million calls. You can read more about it here or take up the phone and dial 211 right now to get the assistance you need. Your first step towards a better financial situation is just a phone call away.
2. Contact the Local Homeless Assistance Agencies: The contact details and other basic information about the agencies in your state can be accessed through the links below:
http://www.hud.gov/offices/cpd/homeless/index.cfm [excellent resource in HUD web site regarding overcoming homelessness]
3. Contact the local church and see what you can get in the form of immediate assistance,
4. Do not forget to contact the local social services center. You will be able to apply for all forms of government financial assistance through it. If you want to know about the kind of assistance available in your state and for the financial help that you could be eligible for, search in our site for your specific state.When it comes to assistance, it does not just involve cash or the housing assistance but also includes other forms like the energy assistance offered through the LIHEAP program, WIC etc,.
5. Search for “Shelters and Emergency Housing insert your state” to get information on more organizations that help people with emergency housing.
6. You can get the addresses of local homeless shelters through the below directory:
7. If after a few days, you want to move from shelter to a separate house, look into the HUD housing programs. If you do not prefer the public housing, you could go for section 8 housing choice voucher program which gives you rent assistance to a house you choose in the private market – Link.